The potato monument is located between Peshki and Chernyakovo villages in Bereza district, Brest region. Potato was first grown on this field about 200 years ago. “The cultivation of potato in these fields has began by local landowner Ignatius Shemiot in the 1830s. Chernyakovo (the first local economic center) has been known since 1632, it was founded here as a folvark by Lev Sapega" – such a sign is installed on a huge boulder in the field of "Borkovskoe" unitary enterprise. Local residents immediately called the new structure a “bulba monument" ("bulba" means potato in Belarusian).
The photo is taken from the website www.sb.by.